The Maronite Diocese in France restored the church of the Savior, located in Issy-les-Moulineaux, bringing together Catholics from Lebanon.
Issy-les-Moulineaux is a commune in the southwestern suburban area of Paris, France, lying on the left bank of the Seine river.
Built in the vast courtyard of the Corentin-Celton hospital in a neo-Romanesque style, the Saint-Sauveur or the Church of the Savior was consecrated by the Paris archbishop in 1863.
On January 27, 2005, the church was deconsecrated and transformed into a cultural space.
Thirteen years later, on the same day, January 27, 2018, the Bishop of the Maronite diocese of France, Mgr. Nasser Gemayel, brought the Saint-Sauveur back to the fold of the Catholic church.
By consecrating it, the 19th century church has become the 10th Maronite parish established in France.
Mgr. Gemayel told the Kataeb website that the Lebanese Maronites have managed to preserve their norms and beliefs while away from their homeland, relaying the essence of their oriental identity to the Europeans.